USA - Elephant tranquilizer is the latest lethal addition to the heroin epidemic

• Zitat

A substance used to tranquilize elephants that is 100 times more potent than the drug that killed Prince is hitting the Washington suburbs, adding the region to a growing list of communities nationwide reporting fatal overdoses linked to the exotic and toxic sedative.

https://www.washingtonpost.com…ml?utm_term=.5ac58745e648

"We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go
    Always a little further: it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea,

White on a throne or guarded in a cave
    There lives a prophet who can understand
    Why men were born: but surely we are brave,
    Who take the Golden Road to Samarkand."

James Elroy Flecker

• Carfentanyl macht in den USA echte Probleme. Ehrlicherweise haben die schon seit Jahren absurde Opioid-Missbrauch-Raten.
    So lassen sich auch die Empfehlungen der AHA erklären, ERsthelfer mit Naloxon auszustatten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion. You sink to your level of training.

• Wie war das? Im kleinen West Virginia wurden statistisch gesehen jedem Einwohner irgendwas oberhalb der 400 Pillen Oxycodone verschrieben.

Und weil es grade so schön passt:
    https://levelzerojobs.com/narc…turbing-trend-police-say/

Narcan Party- der neue Trend.

• Pittsburgh hat etwas über 300000 Einwohner. 2300 "Naloxonpflichtige" Opiatintoxikationen in einem Jahr ist schon eine Ansage.

• Carfentanyl macht in den USA echte Probleme. Ehrlicherweise haben die schon seit Jahren absurde Opioid-Missbrauch-Raten.
    So lassen sich auch die Empfehlungen der AHA erklären, ERsthelfer mit Naloxon auszustatten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erinnert mich an diesen griechischen Motorradsani, der von einem Drogi zum nächsten düst, Naloxon gibt, wartet, bis er wach wird und weiter fährt. Gibt es bei youtube

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”

• Fred Rogers

Und as sind vor allem Menschen, die eigentlich nicht dem klassischen Profil von Süchtigen entsprechen....

"We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go
    Always a little further: it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea,

White on a throne or guarded in a cave
    There lives a prophet who can understand
    Why men were born: but surely we are brave,
    Who take the Golden Road to Samarkand."

James Elroy Flecker